The first step is collecting date through our unique, and exclusive to Physio First members, data collection scheme, Data for Impact. Begin your journey towards data collection, validated outcomes and quality assurance today
All applicants must be inputting data into our continuous web-based Data for Impact (DfI) project and must have submitted sufficient data on a minimum number of discharged patients to receive an individual report.
Our full Physio First data bank is analysed independently by the University of Brighton and it is from this data that a baseline for defining robust and defendable “quality” will be set. Any participating practitioner can be termed a Physio First Quality Assured Practitioner if they demonstrate outcomes in our individual data that are above this baseline and their patients submit data from a validated PROM which verifies these outcomes.
[Reviewed - September 2018]
To become a QAC you and your MSK colleagues will need to continue inputting your data if you are already doing so or start now. Our University of Brighton team will download your data and will confirm those clinics to be awarded via email. Data downloads and QAC assessments will run alongside QAP assessments in January and October.
Here’s the criteria for becoming a QAC:
- All clinic MSK practitioners must be Physio First members or a Quality Assured Clinic Participant (QACP), no matter their employment status – self-employed associate or employee. If you have any full time physiotherapists that need to join.
- If you have part-time colleagues they can still participate through our Quality Assured Clinic Participant (QACP) scheme They will be assessed on a pro-rata basis based on the number of hours they work.
- All clinic staff must be collecting their patient data through Data for Impact. To do this, each team member will receive their own login, username and password and will also be collecting PROMs.
- This is open to all clinics of any size, from single-practitioner clinics to multi-practices.
Clinics will have their individual data amalgamated into one clinic report once consent is obtained from each participant. Only the practice principal will receive the clinic report. Individual participants who are also QAPs will have their own individual reports which can be used for CPD and peer review purposes.
[Reviewed - March 2019]
Our QAC Participation Programme will allow a full member (Practice Principal) to register all their physio team members for the Data for Impact (DfI) scheme and have their clinic work towards the QAC status for a low-cost annual subscription.
What is the Physio First QAC Participation scheme?
It is a scheme that the Physio First executive has developed for practice principals, who are members of Physio First, to enable their clinics to become Quality Assured Clinics.
Before it existed, to become a QAC, every physio MSK team member in a clinic had to be a member of Physio First or a part-time subscriber.
- only one practice principal need be a full member
- that practice principal is allowed to join every other MSK physio practitioner in their clinic as a QAC Participant
- each QAC Participant can collect data through our DfI scheme that will be analysed by our University of Brighton team
making the process simpler and less expensive, to become a Quality Assured Clinic.
I'm a practice principal and a paid member of Physio First how do I sign up my physio MSK clinic team to become QAC Participants?
All you need to do is complete the simple application form below, to confirm:
- that you (the practice principal) are a member of Physio First
- the names of your physio MSK colleagues
- whether each works more or less than 10 hours a week
and then pay the annual subscription indicated i.e. £120 per year for physio MSK colleagues who work more than 10 hours and £60 for those who work 10 hours or less.
Once the Physio First team receive your completed application form and payment, they will pass all details to our University of Brighton team, who will take you through the processes that:
- match the minimum number of data sets required to each of your QAC participants based upon the hours that you confirm that they work AND
- provide each of your QAC participants with their own unique identifier
so that your entire physio MSK clinic team can become enrolled to collect your clinic’s patient outcome data through our Physio First Data for Impact scheme, upon which our QAC scheme is based.
Click here to download a Word version of our QAC Participation Application Form.
If you have any further questions, you can call or email us and we will be happy to discuss any queries you may have:
Become a QAC/QAP by joining today
Login to access our extensive range of benefits