A major benefit of Physio First membership has long been the opportunity to directly access business and legal advice through Paul Donnelly, our Strategic and Business Lead, who is also a qualified solicitor. Owing to the development of AI programmes such as ChatGPT, we are now able to upgrade this benefit to include additional support that aims to meet the regular requests for templates for various aspects of your business.
All professionals, including physios, have a scope of practice defined as “the limit of your knowledge, skills and experience [based on] the activities you carry out within your professional role”. This means that although technically able to treat any patient, unless we train and work every day with specific patients with specific conditions, we must acknowledge the limits of our expertise and act appropriately.
This 'scope of practice' equally applies to how Paul delivers legal advice to our members. His expertise lies in litigation, but our members' questions in this area can be wide and varied, which require Paul to give an informed opinion with appropriate caveats. In fact most issues that 'sound' legal are really business questions that, with the right advice, can be resolved without the need of a lawyer.
Whilst our goal has always been to provide legal and business templates such as self-employed and employee contracts, and rental agreements etc. these all require knowledge of current legislation, which is constantly changing. However, with the time saving elements of open AI, particularly with regard to research, Paul has now created templates (listed above) that our members can access, and that we can regularly review.
Paul will continue to caveat his advice by recommending that members consult an appropriate expert where necessary, but even in these circumstance this member benefit will help to alleviate the time and financial resource by providing the expert with a template to complete, rather than them having to produce a document from scratch.
If you have any business or legal related questions, please summarise your situation and email [email protected]
If your question requires a response from Paul it will be forwarded to him for response
Paul will respond to your question directly and will usually offer to discuss your query either by phone or via Microsoft Teams
Please take a moment to review these terms and conditions that apply to use of our legal services.
1. Membership Eligibility: This benefit is available only to members of Physio First with fully paid subscriptions in the categories of full, affiliated membership, and to practicing Honorary members
2. Membership Legal Services: As a paid-up member of Physio First you have access to our in-house legal services through our Strategic and Business Lead, Paul Donnelly. These services incorporate first-line legal advice and, where appropriate, the creation of or access to templates produced with the assistance of open AI platforms such as ChatGPT. All information shared will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
3. Limitation of Liability: Physio First accepts no liability for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages arising from your membership or use of our services.
4. Governing Law: These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
5. Changes to Terms and Conditions: We may, from time to time, update these terms and conditions. Members will be notified of any changes, and continued use of our services after such notification constitutes acceptance of the updated terms and conditions.
We are here to support you in your clinic and business. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]