Search by area of practice
Why choose a Physio First member?
1. Physio First is a trusted and respected professional organisation established more than 60 years ago
2. We have more than 3,000 members working in private physiotherapy practices across the UK
3. All our members are fully qualified and insured, giving you reassurance and peace of mind
4. Our members adhere to rules of Professional Conduct and Standards, including confidentiality
5. We promote the highest standards of professional practice and liaise closely with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a physical therapy that helps restore the body to health after illness, surgery, disease or trauma.
This process is often referred to as ‘rehabilitation’ and can help the body recover and repair from a range of illnesses and injuries.
Our physiotherapists deal with conditions as varied as a sprained ankle or back pain, to the effects of a stroke, neurological conditions and chest problems. Other common complaints include injuries sustained at work, in road accidents or in sport.
Physiotherapists use a number of different techniques to restore health and movement, such as manipulation, mobilisation, massage, exercise, electrotherapy, hydrotherapy and in some cases acupuncture.