Please note that this course will take place at conference at the same time as the plenary lectures. Please note that you can only attend either this course or the lectures.
This course will look at LBP assessment and management in a range of settings. Primary care, orthopaedic triage, and physiotherapy will be looked at in some depth. It will develop skills in the clinical reasoning of management plans within an evidence based approach. Looking to simplify and adapt hands on and hands off approaches into contemporary practice is challenge for many physiotherapists, this workshop aims to help make sense of those decisions.
Not only do you gain expertise from the best in the business on a full-day course, you can also:
- Access exclusive discounts and prize draws at the trade exhibition
- Meet our conference speakers
- Visit our membership and research & development stands to learn more on QAP and our benefits
To guide our members towards QAP status, the learning outcomes in all our educational material needs to support them towards achieving baselines for treatment in the following areas:
- Goal achievement - the course is designed to provide clinical reasoning and is a person centred approach to the management of LBP. The physical treatment processes are interlinked with the patient narrative and therefore patients goals are central to the care encouraged through this course
- Number of treatments - the course is designed to improve self-management, self-determination and self-efficacy – the course blends hands on into self-driven models and this is expected to help with clinical reasoning and therefore a beneficial effect of referral management
- FPS (functional, physical and subjective) score changes between initial and discharge appointments The key with any intervention is to improve these scores and the course will look at the appropriate triage of patients, the use of the subjective to deliver the plan
- Time between referral and commencement of treatment
- Clinical reason common LBP presentations.
- Link pathological presentation to management pathways outside physiotherapy.
- Develop clinical links in the assessment of patients.
- Develop skills of facilitating movement re-education with/without hands on approaches
This course is suitable for all physiotherapists at intermediate level or above. The tutor has advised that suitable and comfortable clothing should be worn for practical sessions.
Prices start from £165 for members and £195 for non-members. Book online to access these exclusive rates or call 01604 684 965 (please note that standard prices would apply). Email email@example.com for more course information.
At the top of this page, there will be a 'login to book' button. Click this link to login in you are a member of have CSP visitor login details. Follow the steps to book your place.
If you are not a member, nor a CSP visitor, or have forgotten your login details, please contact us on the details above.
Early bird rates will close on Friday 1st February so remember to secure your place before prices increase.
- Member: £165
- Non-member: £195
Book online for an additional £10 discount on the above rates.
Your ticket includes
- Course entry
- Refreshments, unlimited snacks and healthy buffet lunch
- Access to the exhibition hall and trade discounts
The EMCC has ample parking available onsite however if parking outside of the main car park, a permit will be required to avoid a parking ticket. These can be obtained from the Conference Centre check-in desk or at The Orchard Hotel reception free of charge. The University has a number of various car parks across the site which can be used for parking. Parking on site at the university on Saturday is free across most car parks.
|08:45 - 09:00||Arrival and registration|
|09:00 - 11:00||Introduction Lecture “Clinical Reasoning in LBP” Clinical Evaluation 1|
|11:00 - 11:15||Break|
|11:15 - 12:30||"Hands on Approaches” clinical reasoning|
|12:30 - 13:15||Lunch|
|13:15 - 15:00||“Making sense of movement in LBP” Lecture Clinical Evaluation 2|
|15:00 - 15:15||Break|
|15:15 - 17:00||Improving Task and Function|
|17:00 - 17:01||Course Close|
East Midlands Conference Centre
EMCC, University Park, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2RJThe success of the Physio First Education Programme relies on minimum delegate numbers. If the minimum requirement is not achieved it is likely the course will be cancelled. So if you see a course you like, please book it straight away!