Physio First is run on commercial principles and our vision is clear. Physio First is for championing evidence-based, cost-effective private physiotherapy with Physio First members in the changing healthcare marketplace.
This is our intent, originally agreed by our executive committee in 2018 and revised in 2020. We have developed a three-year business plan of five goals through which we are achieving this.
We know from feedback that our members want to "make a difference in the marketplace" and "exert some influence in that marketplace" and these are the key principles underlying our plans.
We also need to be organised, functional, have a clear purpose and harness our passion!
Our three year goals, signed off by our executive committee in 2021, are summarised here:
To mould our 2017 communication strategy so that we learn to effectively communicate to the majority of our members value of:
- trusting Physio First
- feeling like a member of a team
whose aim is to champion evidence based cost effective private physiotherapy with Physio First members in the changing healthcare marketplace.
To make our volunteer structure functional for 2018 and beyond in line with the views and opinions expressed during our executive team's October 2017 strategic facilitation.
To formulate a strategic commercial relationship with The Physio Co-op as it develops from a start-up business.
To work with the PPEF and our University of Brighton team to actively include:
- the voice of the patient in the development of the Physio First QAP scheme.
- identify Data for Impact evidence to demonstrate
- the advantages of Physio First QAP's contribution to the maintenance of public MSK health
- the cost effectiveness of Physio First Quality Assured Practitioners
and to publish
With members and partners, explore the developments of technology likely to affect the delivery of MSK healthcare that might provide marketplace disruptive threats and/or QAP opportunities.
To research and if cogent establish a viable business case to:
- facilitate Physio First Quality Assured Practitioners' to provide third year under graduate physiotherapy students interested in private practice to gain clinical experience with them
- persuade such students to become Student Members of Physio First and thereafter be listed as contacts for Physio First members to consult about work opportunities.
By 2020, feel confident to be able to reduce our 16 word vision by 3 words i.e. to replace "evidence based cost effective" with "quality" so that it reads "Championing quality private physiotherapy with Physio First members in the changing healthcare marketplace" i.e. 13 words.
Members of Physio First gain access to one of the most valuable business tools in private physiotherapy practice today. Get business advice, professional support, evidence-based marketing reports, special product discounts, CPD courses, invitations to national and regional events, networking opportunities, regular news updates and much more!
Our wealth of membership benefits keeps you ahead in the fast-moving healthcare marketplace.
Join us today – and start getting the benefit!