Physio First: Education Day 2018
Friday 27 April by Michael Shacklock
This clinical, neurodynamics course is based on Michael Shacklock's international best selling physical therapy text book, Clinical Neurodynamics (Elsevier, Oxford 2005).
The course will provide a mixture of practical, strong hands on and theory discussional sessions throughout the day.
- Understand how nerves move
- Understand painless nerve root mobilisations
- How to exclude neuordynamic disorders
- How to differentiate between musculoskeletal and neurodynamic opponents
- How to create, select and perform the best techniques for your patients
- How to detect contraindications for neurodynamic treatment
Improve and develop:
- Manual skills, specifically the ability to feel abnormalities in movement related to the nervous system in the lower quarter
- Abilities in diagnosis and interpretation of neurodynamic testing and musculoskeletal relationships
- Clinician’s repertoire of diagnosis and treatment of techniques
- Safety in relation to neurodynamics
- General neurodynamic principles applied to the entire body and specifically the lower quarter, including the hamstring injury and heel pain due to tibial and medial calcaneal nerve disorders
- Classifications of structures and mechanisms for diagnosis and treatment
- Neurodynamic sequencing - a mechanism that can be used to make neurodynamic technique more specific than in the past
- How to differentiate nerve from other tissues with mechanical testing how to make diagnosis and treatment more specific than before.