Education day 2018
This clinical, neurodynamics course is based on Michael Shacklock's international best selling physical therapy text book, Clinical Neuordynamics (Elsevier, Oxford 2005).
The course will provide a mixture of practical, strong hands on and theory discussional sessions throughout the day.
- Understand how nerves move
- Understand painless nerve root mobilisations
- How to exclude neuordynamic disorders
- How to differentiate between musculoskeletal and neurodynamic opponents
- How to create, select and perform the best techniques for your patients
- How to detect contraindications for neurodynamic treatment
Improve and develop:
- Manual skills, specifically the ability to feel abnormalities in movement related to the nervous system in the upper quarter
- Abilities in diagnosis and interpretation of neurodynamic testing and musculoskeletal relationships
- Clinician’s repertoire of diagnosis and treatment of techniques
- Safety in relation to neurodynamics
- General neurodynamic principles applied to the entire body and specifically the lower quarter, including the hamstring injury and heel pain due to tibial and medial calcaneal nerve disorders
- Classifications of structures and mechanisms for diagnosis and treatment
- Neurodynamic sequencing - a mechanism that can be used to make neurodynamic technique more specific than in the past
- How to differentiate nerve from other tissues with mechanical testing how to make diagnosis and treatment more specific than before.
Delegates are asked to wear suitable, comfortable clothing as there will be a practical element to this course.
A manual for the theory session will be provided.
Book online and receive a £10 discount on the above rates.
Course commence: 09.00
Lunch (included in your booking):12.30
Course close: 16.30-17.00
Your ticket includes
Refreshments, unlimited snacks and healthy buffet lunch
Exclusive first entry to the exhibition hall at 16.30hrs
The EMCC has ample parking available onsite however if parking outside of the main car park, a permit will be required to ensure a parking ticket isn't received. These can be obtained from the Conference Centre check-in desk or at The Orchard Hotel reception free of charge. The University has a number of various car parks across the site which can be used for parking.
|08:45 - 09:00||Arrival and registration|
|09:00 - 09:30||Introduction|
|12:30 - 13:15||Lunch|
|17:00 -||Course Close|
East Midlands Conference Centre
EMCC, University Park, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2RJThe success of the Physio First Education Programme relies on minimum delegate numbers. If the minimum requirement is not achieved it is likely the course will be cancelled. So if you see a course you like, please book it straight away!